Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook

Categories

Balochistan PA leaves 48% questions unaddressed

Posted by
Published: February 24, 2016 04:32 pm

Balochistan Assembly


ISLAMABAD: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan left 48 percent questions unaddressed that appeared on the list of business of the House during its 26th session.

According to details, Members in the provincial House raised 27 questions addressing to various departments during the session from which 14 (52%) questions were taken up by the House and received oral response by relevant Ministers. The remaining 13 (48%) questions were left unaddressed due to absence of government representatives or its mover.

Party wise details showed that NP member took lead in asking questions and raised 14 questions followed by JUI-F (6), BNP (5) and PML-N (2).  Interestingly, all questions were raised by four male lawmakers belonging to different parties. Female lawmakers remain silent throughout the session and have not used question as a tool to oversight the performance of government departments.

Engineer Zamrak Khan of NP raised 14 questions from which five were asked from Education Department, two each from Health, Local Government, Planning and Development and Services & General Administration and one question from Communication and Works. Similarly, Sardar Abdul Rehman Khetran of JUI-F raised six questions in all from which four were seeking answer from Health Department and two questions were submitted addressing the quarries regarding the provincial Planning and Development department.  Sardar Akhtar Jan Mengal of BNP raised five questions, two from Home department and one each from Planning, Communication and Minerals and Mine department.  Mir Jan Muhammad Jamali of PML-N asked two questions, both were addressing to Planning and Development department.

Among not taken up questions five were asked from Planning and Development followed by two each from Local Government, Home, Health and Education departments.

In addition, Lawmakers raised 27 Points of Order (POs) during the session that consumed 52 minutes of the session time. Moreover, five adjournment motions appeared on the list of business during the session of which two were admitted for discussion, two were withdrawn by the movers and one was deferred by the House after the assurance given to the mover by relevant Minister to look into the matter highlighted by him.

Posted by on February 24, 2016. Filed under Balochistan Assembly,Latest Post,News,Questions Balochistan Assembly. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry